The St. Gabriel Home & School Association (SGH&S) is a group of volunteer parents, faculty, administration and clergy. The Home & School provides a forum for the positive exchange of ideas aimed at enhancing our children's spiritual and academic experiences and for fostering a better understanding of the goals and spirit of Catholic education in the school and parish. It also provides a vehicle for interaction between parents and the school to organize fundraising and social activities.
Parents are encouraged to become active members. Monthly SGH&S meetings are held throughout the year and are listed on the SGH&S events calendar. It is expected that each family have a representative present at a minimum of two meetings. Families are needed to volunteer at least 15 hours in various fundraising and social events. The SGH&S welcomes involvement from all family members (moms, dads, grandparents, etc).
The Home & School officers for the 2017-2018 school year are as follows:
Maureen Hasz - President
Kari Glaude - Vice President
Teresa Baboolal - Secretary
Kristen Gryskiewicz - Treasurer
Families are encouraged to contact the SGH&S officers with ideas for fundraisers, spiritual, social and cultural events. Notes may be sent through the school to the attention of SGH&S or email may be sent to:email@example.com
Meeting Calendar and Minutes
Our Home and School Association plans both fundraising events as well as fun events during the school year. Check back here to see what we have planned.
St. Gabriel School participates in a number of ongoing recycling programs. Please consider recycling through the school - your recycling efforts make a BIG difference!
Print cartridges and cell phones: Recycled print cartridges and cell phones are traded in for points, and points are traded in for valuable new equipment for the school.
Eye Glasses: Used eye glasses are collected here by the Lions Club, an organization whose program supplies eyeglass frames to local providers as well as to developing nations to be refitted for those who need them.
Aluminum Tab Tops: Tab tops are collected here and donated to the Aluminum Tab Collection Project. Under this project, the proceeds from the redemption of the scrap metal is used to purchase needed items for the Shriners Hospitals for Children.
Fund It Program (Gift Cards)
Saint Gabriel School Gift Card Program
Welcome to a new school year and the start of a new year for the St. Gabriel Gift Card Program!
The Gift Card Program is a year-long fundraiser offered by St. Gabriel School. Gift cards are purchased at face value and offer a percentage credit back to the school; the amount of credit depends on the retailer. The school then divides the credit with half going to the Home and School Association, and half going to your child’s tuition fee for the next year. In addition, the amount you earn in credit is also deducted from your $250 family fundraising goal. For example:
Geissler’s offers a 5% credit. If you purchased $200 in Geissler’s gift cards, the school would receive $10 in credit. The $10 credit would then be divided $5 to the Home and School Association, $5 off your child’s tuition for next year, and $5 would be credited to your $250 family fundraising goal.
Doesn’t sound like a lot of credit? Order regularly and watch your credits accumulate! With this program, you have the potential to earn hundreds of dollars off your tuition, meet your fundraising goal and earn money for our school all at the same time!
How does it work? It’s easy! You can submit orders to the school office conveniently through your child’s backpack. Just fill out an order form, include payment and seal in an envelope marked “Gift Card Program.” You can send orders in all week. The orders get collected on Fridays, and the gift cards will be distributed the following Friday, giving the school a one week turnaround time. All gift cards will be sent home with your child, unless you indicate otherwise on the order form.
Order Form and condensed list of retailers: SGS GiftCard Order Form.xlsx
Full List of Gift Card Retailers (If a retailer isn't listed on the order form, write it in on the bottom):
Full Gift Card Listing.pdf
The first link explains how you will need to set up a family Shopwithscrip account.
This link explains how you can make quick, easy and convenient payments with a credit card!
There are a few things to keep in mind with online ordering:
· You will be required to enter an enrollment code when you register for Shopwithscrip. The enrollment code for St. Gabriel School is: AC3EEF811L833.
· Whether you pay by cash, check or credit card, you will still need to pick up your cards from the school office during the summer. During the school year, your orders will continue to be sent home through your child’s backpack. The turnaround time will remain the same, one week, Friday to Friday. The only exception to this is if you order a Scripnow E-delivery card. There are limited cards available for e-delivery, but the list continues to grow! If you pay for these cards with a credit card, you will receive the e-card immediately. If you choose to pay for an e-delivery card by cash or check, you will receive the e-card when your Program Coordinator receives your payment and releases the order, which is usually by Saturday. You can find which cards are available for e-delivery on the Shopwithscrip website.
· You can add Geissler’s and Union Street Tavern cards to your order by looking under the Local Products tab.
· The deadline to place your orders every week will be 12:00 noon on Fridays. Physical cards will be available the following Friday. If you are paying by cash or check, payment needs to be at the school by 12:00 noon on Friday. There is no need to include a paper order with your payment if you ordered online, because the Program Coordinator will see what you have ordered. The Program Coordinator can also choose not to release an order if payment has not been received. If you pay by credit card, then you are all set, there is no need to do anything else!
· Tuition/fundraising credits will be tracked as usual.
· Paper orders will continue to be accepted. Order forms can be found on the school’s website under the Home and School tab, or in the school office.
· If you will be picking up your cards from the school office during the summer, please call before you arrive to make sure a staff member is there to let you in.
We hope you find online ordering to be a great addition to the Gift Card Program. Raising funds for the school AND tuition credits for your child has never been easier!
Tips for Getting the Most out of the Gift Card Program
Knowing that small credits accumulate quickly, try and order cards on a regular basis so you always have them available. Think of places you shop at on a weekly basis such as grocery stores and gas stations, or restaurants you eat at often. Think of how often you buy from Amazon or Itunes, or when you might be going to the movies. Think of your daily trips to Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks!
Think ahead to home improvement projects or large purchases you may have planned. Lowes and Home Depot cards come in many denominations, even into the thousands!
Think ahead to gifts for holidays, family birthdays or children’s birthday parties.
Think ahead to travel; gift cards can be used at many popular hotel chains and airlines. If you will be driving, think of gas stations and restaurants along the way. Gift cards are offered for not only retailers in this area of the country, but at retailers ALL OVER the country!
Think of neighbors, family and friends – the program is open to anyone. Encourage others to participate in the program and they can order through you, so you can earn even more credits!
There are literally hundreds of retailers that participate in this program. A listing of the most popular retailers is on the order form. A complete list of all retailers, along with the order form, are available on the school’s website. Order forms and a small supply of gift cards for sale can also be found in the school office.
If you have any questions about the Gift Card Program, please contact your Program Coordinator, Jodi Ticchio, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!!